Abia ADC Party Holds 2022 State Congress, Elect Executives | READ DETAILS

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.



African Democratic Congress (ADC) in Abia state on Thursday, May12, dissolved it’s state executives while inaugurating newly elected excos.

some re-elected excos flagged by some ADC aspirants
ADC Abia State 2022 congress


Motion for the dissolution which held during the party’s 2022 State Congress, in Umuahia, was moved by chief Ugochukwu Ugorji, the Chairman, Isialangwa South Local Government Area, and seconded by Hon. Prince Okpara Agwu, Chairman Ohafia LGA.

Members of the ADC from the 17 LGAs at the congress, adopted a voice vote to re-elect the executives who contested various positions unopposed after serving a 4-year tenure.

cross section of participants at the ADC 2022 state congress

“with the power bestowed upon me as the returning officer, I hereby return all the people who have been elected into their positions” the National Charman, Chief Ralph Okey Nwosu represented by Mr. Nkemakolam Ukandu, Chairman Congress Committee, Abia State Chapter stated.

In his acceptance speech, the re-elected chairman of Abia ADC, Obinna Don Norman, appreciated Abians for believing in the party which he described as not a regular political party but a mass movement.

He noted that the situation of Abia State is due to the mismanagement of the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) since 1999 which the ADC is out to correct.

Norman charged the members and all other Abians to fight, say no to imposition and chose a good leader for themselves for the much expected development in the state.

Obinna Don Norman
ADC State Chairman, Obinna Don Norman


He regretted that the PDP led government have not been able to develop the state as there are no evidence of development since the state was created, rather, they have succeeded in incurring debt for Abians, according to him.

“PDP has finished Abia; if the people we are owing decides to ask for their money today, all of us would be paying N42,900 each.

“It is time for Abians to chose their governor.”

Speaking to All Facts Newspaper, Don Norman revealed that the party currently have two guber aspirants; Methodist Bishop Sunday Onuoha and Otisi Ebitu Ukiwe, son of  Okoh Ebitu Ukiwe, retired Navy Commodore.

Don Norman
Don Norman

The ADC guber form is sold at the rate of N12million while House of Assembly is at N500,000.

Norman expressed confidence that the ADC can take over power come 2023 as Abians are tired and has rejected the PDP and other parties. However, he noted that the greatest challenge facing the party is to change the money –politicking mentality that has been planted in the people.

He called on Abians to get their PVCs and do the needful come 2023 election.

Earlier in his remark, the National Chairman of ADC stated that the party has Abia state at heart which is the fore most state that the party has more opportunity to take over following the alleged rejection of all other parties in the state by the people.

He revealed that the ADC has given 70% allocation to women and youths and the other 30%to others, a move to give them more inclusiveness in governance. Nwosu expressed confidence that Don Norman would lead the party to the Abia state government House come 2023.

Officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) were present at the congress.

For Jobs, Nigeria and foreign Scholarships, Admissions Click HERE

For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to afnewsng@gmail.com. For more enquiry, please call +234-903-332-9775 or whatsapp. To place advert, please call +234-903-332-9775.

Mark 11 vs 22- 24: And Jesus answered them, "Have faith in God. Truly, I say unto you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be taken up and thrown into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believers that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours

Watch What's Trending!


Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More