ABIA GUBER 2023: That Oko Chukwu Did Not Inform Ikpeazu Of His Aspiration Is Fake News |READ FULL DETAILS
TODAY'S NEWS RECAP
The Abia State Deputy Governor, Rt. Hon. Sir Ude Oko Chukwu PhD has described the statement credited to Governor Okezie Ikpeazu’s Chief Press Secretary Barrister Onyebuchi Ememanka where he stated that Ude Oko Chukwu did not inform the governor of his governorship aspiration as fake news.
In the press release, Obasi Okibeh Onwukah posited that the deputy governor visited the governor, informed him of his aspiration and equally informed the governor about his formal declaration day. He went further to advise aides to the governor to avoid presenting fake news and propaganda as the view of the governor.
READ FULL STATEMENT BELOW:
GOVERNOR OKEZIE IKPEAZU WAS INFORMED ABOUT OKO CHUKWU’S GOVERNORSHIP AMBITION.
- The attention of the Office of the Deputy Governor of Abia State has been drawn to a statement on FLO-FM radio credited to the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, Mr. Onyebuchi Ememanka alleging that the Governor was not aware of the governorship ambition of his Deputy, Sir Ude Oko Chukwu.
- We would have not bothered to join issues with the Chief Press Secretary who obviously did not consult with his Boss in making such unfounded statements meant to incite hatred and portray a nonexistent feud between the Governor and his Deputy.
- To set the records straight, the Deputy Governor, a man reputed for humility and loyalty, could not have made known his governorship ambition without the knowledge and approval of his Boss, the Governor of Abia State.
- The Deputy Governor actually visited his Boss and duly informed him about his ambition to succeed him. However, details of the private discussion may not have been made available for Governor’s aides including Ememanka to feast on. The Deputy Governor even did not fail to further let his Boss know of the day of his formal declaration at the State PDP Secretariat in Umuahia. It is therefore preposterous for Mr. Ememanka , a Knight of the Anglican Church, to spew fake stories , incite hatred and bring to ridicule the highly exalted Office of the Governor and by extension the Office of the Deputy Governor.
- Aides to His Excellency, the Governor should refrain from propaganda, fake news and presenting their personal opinions as those of the Governor.
- This has become necessary in order not to aggravate political tension and set the State on fire as preparations for the 2023 polls gather momentum.
Obasi Okibeh Onwukah
Chief Press Secretary to the Deputy Governor.