See Full List Of Airports Renamed By President Tinubu | READ DETAILS
A memo released by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) dated June 19, 2023 and signed by Mrs Joke Olatunji for the Director of Airport Operations, quoted a memo by the Federal Ministry of Aviation, dated June 1, 2023, as stating that the renaming of the airports forms “part of reforms of the Aviation sector”.
The Maiduguri Airport was renamed after the immediate past President Muhammadu Buhari, the Port Harcourt Airport was renamed after the late nationalist, Obafemi Awolowo, while the Nasarawa Airport was renamed after the late founder of the Sokoto Caliphate, Usman Dan Fodio.
Also, the Benin Airport was renamed after the late Oba of Benin, Oba Akenzua II, Ebonyi Airport after the late Senate President Chuba Okadigbo, and the Ibadan Airport after the late Premier of the old Western Region, Ladoke Akintola.
See the full list below:
1. Akure Airport – Olumuyiwa Bernard Aliu
2. Benin Airport – Oba Akenzua II
3. Dutse Airport – Muhammad Nuhu Sanusi
4. Ebonyi Airport – Chuba Wilberforce Okadigbo
5. Gombe Airport – Brigadier Zakari Maimalari
6. Ibadan Airport – Samuel Ladoke Akintola
7. Ilorin Airport – Gen. Tunde Idiagbon
8. Kaduna Airport – Hassan Usman Katsina
9. Maiduguri Airport – Gen. Mumammadu Buhari
10. Makurdi Airport – Joseph Sarwuan Tarka
11. Minna Airport – Mallam Abubakar Imam
12. Nassarawa Airport – Sheikh Usman Dan Fodio
13. Osubi Airport – Alfred Diete Spiff
14. Port Harcourt Airport – Obafemi Jeremiah Awolowo
15. Yola Airport – Lamido Aliyu Mustapha.
READ LETTER BELOW: