UTME candidates rush to beat today’s deadline

UTME candidates rush to beat today’s deadline Candidates for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry examination (DE) are in last-minute rush to register for the examinations at various Computer-Based Test (CBT) centres across the country.

The registration for the examinations, which opened on January 13, 2020, ends today across the country.

About 1,900,000 million candidates have registered for the examination, which will hold from March 14 to April 4 in 747 CBT centres nationwide.

UTME candidates rush to beat today’s deadline This is the first time 1.9 million candidates will apply for the examination in the history of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).

Last year, 1.8 million candidates registered for the examination.

An optional mock examination for candidates to familiarize themselves with the process will hold on February 18.

At the Global Distance Learning Institute in the Central Business District (CBD) of Abuja, candidates were seen in last-minute rush to register.

The centre’s Training Manager Emeka Nwanaka said there was no case of biometric failure, as witnessed last year.

Nwanaka explained that over 5,000 UTME/DE candidates had registered at the centre as at Friday.

“We have registered over 5,000 candidates at the centre. We are hoping that as the network remains intact, we can still carry out more registration. For the biometrics, we have not received any incident so far, unlike last year’s registration.

“As the deadline approaches, the population has increased by 75 per cent. That has also led to an increase in our working hours. Sometimes, we leave here by 9 p.m,” he said.

JAMB’s Head of Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, confirmed the 1.9 million registered candidates in an interview.

UTME candidates rush to beat today’s deadline He said the board would not extend the deadline for registration.

“The registration closes on Monday night (tonight). As I speak to you, we have registered over 1.9 million. That is the highest we have ever had in the 41-year history of the board. Right now, we have surpassed last year’s statistics of 1.8 million. That is to tell you that nobody has an excuse about why he or she could not register.

“On the February 18 mock, we have put everything in place. Our workers, who are deployed for the exercise, are already on the field. As you are aware, the essence of the mock is to test the readiness of our facilities and give the candidates the opportunity to have a hands-on experience on the computers,” he said.

For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to afnewsng@gmail.com. For more enquiry, please call +234-903-332-9775 or whatsapp. To place advert, please call +234-903-332-9775.
Be the first to read our news

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy