JAMB finally releases 14,620 UTME results under investigation, withholds 93 others

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced the clearance and release of the UTME results for 14,620 candidates that had been under investigation and the withholding of the results of 93 other candidates.

This is coming after the examination body withheld some results while releasing the result of the 2021 UTME, for further investigations through review of CCTV footages for detection of possible examination malpractices.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, this disclosure is contained in a statement issued by JAMB’s Head, Media and Publicity, Dr Fabian Benjamin, on Tuesday, July 27, in Abuja.

Benjamin said the results were released following the consideration and approval of the recommendations of the investigators, by a management meeting held on Tuesday.

ALSO READ  Why Boko Haram Is Recruiting Child Soldiers ReveaIed

 

What the JAMB’s spokesman is saying

Benjamin in the statement said, “You will recall that the board, in its earlier release, stated that it will still review the results of the 2021 UTME exercise and any candidate found wanting will have his/her result withheld.

Out of the withheld results, 13 were discovered to have been involved in examination infractions after they were released and the one earlier withdrawn bringing the total of the results that have been withdrawn to 14.

Results of 332 blind candidates, whose examination was conducted this month, have also been released.’’

The board listed the candidates whose results were withdrawn to include: Gabriel Micheal, Lawson Joy, Sadiq Auwal, Attama Ikedichukwu (earlier withdrawn), Tambaya Yahaya, Anowa Anointing and Ogbonna Dibia.

ALSO READ  How bloodbath was averted in Abia between youths, Fulani herdsmen, 3 cows killed|READ DETAILS

Others were Ani Maryrose,  Ayomiposi Precious, Ekeocha Michael, Oluwarotimi Ayanfeoluwa, Edu  Abiola,  Promise and Onyeama Odi.

 

In case you missed it

It can be recalled that earlier in June, JAMB released the results of candidates who sat for the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) between June 19 and June 22 in over 720 CBT centres.

The examination body had also earlier denied reports of mass failure in the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) across the country describing it as a fluke and campaign by those whose source of illicit income had been blocked.

ALSO READ  BREAKING: Jos CBN office gutted by fire

It also insisted that all UTME questions were based on the syllabus prescribed for the UTME saying that it was issued to candidates through the board’s Integrated Brochure and Syllabus System (IBASS), the CD which is given to candidates after completion of registration.

Be the first to read our news
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to afnewsng@gmail.com. For more enquiry, please call +234-903-332-9775 or whatsapp. To place advert, please call +234-903-332-9775.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More