37 Years Old Man Electrocuted To Death in Sapele, Delta State
By Tochukwu Eluwa-Delta
A 37 years old man, William Madu was on Sunday 6th September afternoon electrocuted to death while trying switch-over from a generating set to electricity power in Sapele, Delta State.
According to an eyewitness who spoke to AFNEWS on phone, the incident occurred at about 1:35 pm on Sunday at a residence along Oleh road . The incident has thrown the entire Madu’s family into mourning, as the deceased is said to be the breadwinner of the family who is taking care of his aged father and siblings.
The eyewitness while explaining what led to Mr Madu’s electrocution stated that ‘William was watching TV when BEDC restored power supply and because the generator was outside, he left his one-room to switch off the generator set and the next thing we heard was a little boy screaming, we dashed out to find him struggling with the wire and we had to switch off power source from the building before we could rescue him”.
AFNEWS gathered that William died before they could get him to the hospital “and at the time of filing this report his corpse has been deposited at the mortuary.