Trending: 19-Year-Old-Boy Handed Over To Police After Suing JAMB

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

A 19-year-old Chinedu Ifesinachi John have been handed over to the police after he filed a one billion naira suit  case against the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) for allegedly tampering with his result.

According to the young boy, he sat for JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in 2019 where he applied for Medicine. When he requested for his result through the Board’s 55019 code, he received a message saying that he scored 328 but got 278 from JAMB portal which he said made him loose his admission.

Ifenkpam in 2020 received a score of 343 which was later changed to 306. In 2021, he received a score of 380, but a printout from JAMB portal read 265.

Following the alleged “alteration” of the UTME results, his father, John Ifenkpam approached an Enugu-based lawyer, Ikeazor Akaiwe, who wrote to JAMB for another opportunity for the boy to retake the examination and demanded N1 billion as damages.

ALSO READ  Open University begins Admission | see steps on how to register here

The lawyer said in an official letter addressed to the board that the N1 billion was to cover for the physical and emotional trauma the boy had been through from being offered “two separate scores from 2019 to 2021.”

Following the petition, the management of JAMB led by the Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, the candidate, his father, and their legal counsel had a meeting in Abuja on Friday, September 4.

ALSO READ  2020 UTME: JAMB denies cancelling any result

During the closed door meeting, the boy was said to have been given the opportunity to reveal the truth but he insisted his results were tampered with 3 consecutive times.

The Commission tendered evidence showing that he actually scored 265 and not 380 as claimed. Also, evidence showed that John manipulated his results as the messages he claimed to have received, had no JAMB signature.

The Registrar said:

“We have 11 of them who tampered with their results. Two of them are already being prosecuted. The remaining ones we are going to withdraw their results and prosecute them. The main purpose is to sanitize the system, including our own staff.

“There was never any communication of 380 with this boy. Because this boy has accused JAMB, we are going to withhold his result until the investigation is concluded. We are going to request that our interactions with him be subjected to the public.

ALSO READ  Imo: FUTO Students Cry Out Over Inability To Get Mobilized For NYSC.

“As far as I am concerned, I am reporting you to the Inspector General of Police now except you tell me who helped you to commit this crime.”

However, his lawyer, Ikeazor, appealed to the board to give room for further investigation.

He said: “I will not stand against the investigation. Let there be an investigation but what I will not agree to is to prejudge him.”

 

Be the first to read our news
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to afnewsng@gmail.com. For more enquiry, please call +234-903-332-9775 or whatsapp. To place advert, please call +234-903-332-9775.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More